Sunday, February 17, 2013

Ala Carte Class

Ala Carte Class:

This class was a submersion into the restaurant business for each student.  We planned a menu and theme for the school restaurant, then executed this menu for 10 weeks.  Each week one or two of us became Sous Chef in the kitchen and got an opportunity to plan a special for the week from the app to the dessert.

Our menu ending up being an Egyptian primary menu.  The supervising Chefs pushed us in this direction, but we also threw in some more american food that people would be familiar with.  I managed to get my Zuppa Toscana recipe into this menu, and people liked my spicy take on this Olive Garden classic.

For my Sous Chef week I was with another person so we submitted our recipes and the chef chose what went on the menu.  I got a Kimchi and Bulgogi sandwich on a soft onion roll, this was served with a side of the Egyptian potatoes.

Below are pictures of the different menu items:


























No comments:

Post a Comment