Thursday, March 5, 2009

Duchess Potatoes

Duchess Potatoes
Yield 8 servings (2 oz. each)

Ingredients:

1 lb (4 - 70 count Idaho Potatoes) Idaho Potatoes, cooked and dried completely. Cut into 12 pieces each potato
2 ea. Egg Yolks
3 oz (approx.) Warm Heavy Cream and Butter (equal parts).
Note: Milk can be used in place of heavy cream
TT Salt and White Pepper

Method:
  1. Pass potatoes through food mill.
  2. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  3. Fold in egg yolks and enough warm heavy cream and butter to proper piping consistency. (do not over work). If dries out just add more cream and butter.
  4. Pipe onto buttered or non stick sprayed sheet tray and bake at 350 degrees until golden brown.
Note: Potatoes are classically piped out in a two inch circle with no holes in center, three tiers high, flat on sides and flat on tops.

3 comments:

  1. WOAW MAMA!! That's a lot of recipes. I'm glad they're up though, because now I can look at them any time I want!!! PS, about the cake- I didn't mean we couldn't make one, just that two might be WAY hard....for both of us....

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, LOVE the picture in the chefs uniform!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. I LOVE that pictures too! It sounds like were gonna have fun making stuff when u head to hawaii. Im going to be adding more recipes as i go along. Go tired last night. lol.

    ReplyDelete